Monday, July 7, 2008

Hope Lutheran Church, and homesite inSummit SD


MY FAMILY HERITAGE
My Grandpa ,Engebret Kampen came from Norway and settled in Summit SD. He returned and brought my Grandma Anna with him as his new wife. Summit is still a small town but in the middle of this little town was the Lutheran Church that my Mom and her family all worshiped. It was special for me to see that church. I remember going to church there when we went to visit my grandparents on vacation. We also went to the cemetary where they are buried, and saw some of my Aunt's graves also. I hadn't been there in about 43 years. The little town is kind of empty, but that church was a reminder to me that my Grandparents lived there and raised their family there.
It brought back so many memories of my Childhood.
( Including the two holer Outhouse !!!)

That is a BIG part of my Heritage ! I'm so glad I went on that vacation. I never know if I will ever get back there again but for me it was a Spiritual Experience.

2 comments:

Kady said...

Wow! So glad you found us! (And we found you!) Looks like you had a great trip - how fun! Tell your family "hi" for us! Can't wait to see what you guys are up to next!

mtbuttars said...

Hello Mom and Dad!! I'm tagging you so go to my blog and copy and paste the tag post and then just change the answers. Lova YA!!